Matt Geib - Electric Bikes for All Types of Riding
Location: General Manager, Wheel & Sprocket Brookfield and eBike Superstore; 14 years with Wheel & Sprocket
What kind of bikes do you ride?
eBikes, of course, as well as Mountain bikes and Road.
What do you like about eBikes?
I like how eBikes open up so many options. I can ride all day long and carry lots of cargo if needed.
Where do you like to ride?
I like to ride to work. My commute to the store is about 30 miles so eBikes are a perfect solution for multiple rides each week without sacrificing precious time. It’s also nice to get my workout in at the same time.
Why do you ride bikes?
I ride bikes for many reasons, recreation, fitness, and transportation. The most important reason to ride is because it’s good for the soul.
What eBike is right for you?
We call eBikes the great equalizer because they have been developed for all types of riders and all levels of ability. Before purchasing an eBike, ask yourself these key questions: Where will you be riding? How will the bike be used? How far do you want to ride? How fast do you want to get there?
Here are the general categories of eBikes to consider:
- Work - No need to work up a sweat and shower once you get into the office. Many eBikes were made for riding faster back and forth to work on those tough urban roads.
- Shopping - Have fun taking the eBike to get your groceries. Many eBikes include racks for panniers.
- General riding - Take those hills, explore those trails, and enjoy long trips. EBikes take you farther and longer every time!
- Mountain - Riders are fast discovering the job of eMTB’s in exploring trails. Look for expanded places to ride in the next few years.
- Fitness - The pros are using eRoad to train. Now you can keep going on your road bike on hills and long rides by going electric!
- Transporting People - eCargo bikes are a great way to take the kids to school or on a trip.
- Transporting Goods - Most eBikes are good to go with a great set of panniers (bags). But eCargos are fantastic for packing, deliveries, and more.