Frequently asked questions:
- How are these classes different than a "Spin Class"
- Training Hub takes outdoor cycling, indoors and allows you to use the comfort of your own bike to develop real skills that will help you down the road. Learn how to shift confidently, clip in and out, work on leg drills and become one with your bike without the external forces of the road. In addition, we use YOUR OWN heart rate data to notice progressive improvement over 10 weekly sessions. Each class, you are emailed your workout results, because after all- what you measure, gets done!
- Do I need to have a heart rate monitor?
- Heart rate monitors are provided for each class. Training Hub Classes use Scosch Rhythm+ monitors (learn more). We encourage you to purchase your own band ($14.99). If you have a bluetooth heartrate monitor already, we can pair you to our system.
- Do I need to own a road bike?
- While many people do use a road bike, we can accommodate any style of bike (road, mountain, hybrid) because we believe in bikes for everyone. If you have a bike with more tread on the rear tire, we will suggest a "trainer tire" that will have less resistance and make less noise during class. Trikes and recumbents welcome too!
- How much are single class drop ins?
- If you want to purchase a single class at a time the fee is $20 for coached classes.
- Do I have to sign up for all 10 weeks?
- We highly encourage everyone to sign up for the 10-week class package because our classes are progressive and get a little harder each week. You will get the most out of the program if you come each week, and you will save money!! (Drop in classes are $20 each).
- What if I cam going on vacation/miss a class?
- We are very accommodating of your busy schedule. If you purchase a full10-week class package, you can make up a class any time that the class has capacity. We simply ask that you call your store in advanced to confirm there is an open class space available.
- Can I take classes at different stores?
- Yes, again please call the store in advanced to ensure there will be space for you to ride.
- Can I sign up mid session?
- Yes. If you want to sign up mid session, we pro-rate the class sessions to $15 per class x the number of classes remaining (8 class minimum).
- Do I need a trainer tire?
- While it is not required, it is a good idea to put a trainer tire on for the indoor riding season. The resistance of the trainer on your rear wheel will cause some wear over time. Ask a Wheel & Sprocket employee for more info!
- Am I able to leave my bike at the store?
- Yes. If you would like to leave your bike at the store we offer in-store bike parking so that you don't have to deal with the hassle of dragging your bike to and from each class. Session long bike parking is only $30.